When it comes to dark spot treatments, there are so many options out there that it can be hard to know where to start. What ingredients should you look for? And more importantly, which ones get rid of dark spots for good?
What's the he number one thing keeping me from my no-makeup goal; dark spots?
Uneven skin tone keeps me reaching for my makeup bag again and again. With that said, keep reading to learn what causes dark spots in the first place, plus three dark spot products from Pure Fiji to help minimize and reduce them.
What causes dark spots?
For the most part, dark spots on the skin can be attributed to two causes: scarring and hyperpigmentation.
Dark spots or hyperpigmentation are due to the overproduction of melanin in the skin by melanocytes. This extra melanin can be triggered by a lot of different things. Hormones (both estrogen and progesterone) can increase the level of melanin. That's why pregnant women see dark spots that often lighten following birth; the sun can increase the level of melanin. That is also why we have more dark spots after the summer.
Other factors like; skin irritation and scarring as a result of acne, waxing, and harsh scrubs, can also cause dark spots.
Now that you know where dark spots come from, keep reading to discover how to get rid of dark spots with Pure Fiji's Natural Skin Care Products.
1. Exfoliate with Papaya Purifying Enzyme Masque
Are you looking for a multi-tasking product? Pure Fiji's Papaya Purifying Enzyme Masque is not just a radiance-boosting mask that will lighten dark spots but an exfoliant too!
Papaya extract gently exfoliates while brightening skin tone while Fresh Garden sprout extract targets and fades the appearance of age spots and skin discolouration.
Who can use it?
Ideal for those with; dry, dehydrated, aging, acne scars, hyper pigmented and oily skin or for those looking for a refreshing glow for any skin type. Not ideal for those with a highly sensitive skin condition.
How to use it at home?
- Apply a thin layer to clean skin, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse or can be left on as an overnight masque by removing excess masque with cotton pads.
- Use 2-3 times a week. This will ensure your skin is smooth and radiant.
- There's no excuse why you can't make time for self-care because you can wear this overnight too!
- Gently exfoliates dry skin cells to reveal fresher, more youthful looking skin
- Removes impurities from the skin, great for skin with excess oil production
- Fades the appearance of age spots and skin discoloration
- Brightens skin and creates an even skin tone
- Hydrates and nourishes
- Skin rejuvenating
- High in vitamins A, B, C & E
- High in Antioxidants
2. Reduce Scarring with Pure Fiji's Overnight Renewal Peel
Pure Fiji's Overnight Renewal Peel effectively treats scarring, skin discoloration and signs of aging, like fine lines and wrinkles. Glycolic acid is typically derived from sugar cane and is the crème de la crème of the alpha hydroxy family, combine that with Mandelic Acid and it completely resurfaces skin smoothing and evening skin tone! Fresh Garden Sprout extract makes an appearance here too targeting those dark spots!
Who Can Use It?
- It is suitable for every skin type, also for pregnant woman.
- Do not use on sunburned or irritated skin.
- Avoid using it if you have sunburn, eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea.
How to Use it at home?
- At night, apply to a clean, dry face, neck, chest and the back of hands. Leave on for 10 minutes and remove with a damp warm towel.
- Avoid eye area.
- Always hydrate with a facial oil or moisturizer after applying.
- Can be used as a spot treatment.
- Can be used overnight however you must use the Glycolic Renewal Peel for one to two days before using it as an overnight masque.
- It is recommended to do a patch test before using a new skincare product.
- If irritation occurs discontinue use.
- Avoid direct sunlight after use.
- Apply the Glycolic Renewal Peel one to two times a week to clean skin.
3. Keep Skin Healthy w/ Kakadu Super Vitamin C Brightening Serum
Using Kakadu Plum, the words richest source of Vitamin C along with a pure oil-soluble Vitamin C concentrate, this serum helps fade hyperpigmentation, including sun spots, age spots, uneven skin tone and melasma ó occurs when melanin is overproduced in certain areas of the skin. It can also happen in areas where acne has healed.
Who Can Use Kakadu Super Vitamin C Brightening Serum?
All skin types and those suffering from hyperpigmentation, dullness and the signs of ageing.
How to Use It at Home?
- Apply 2-3 drops on face and neck morning and night after cleansing and toning.
- Follow with your favorite day/night cream.
- When introducing a new skincare product with active ingredients like this serum we recommend gradually building to daily use as tolerated.
- Begin by using 2-3 drops of this Kakadu Super Vitamin C Brightening Serum every second day for the first 2-4 weeks.
- After this time you can begin incorporating this product into your daily regimen using morning and night after cleansing and toning.
- Always apply SPF30+ during the day when using this product.
Now that you know the secret to removing dark spots and pigmentation is by using great, natural skincare products like Pure Fiji and through prevention! Prevention is easily done by protecting your skin from the sun. This is a must if your day takes you outdoors during daylight hours, be sure to apply SPF even in the winter months (at least 30, an reapply throughout the day), and consider adding a hat, sunglasses, and even gloves, especially if the sunlight will hit your skin for an extended period of time.