We all have a skincare routine - the way we wash our face and apply our products for day and night. But did you know there is actually a specific way you should wash your face? Doing so will ensure you're getting the most out of your products and ensure you get radiant clean skin every time. Believe it, your skin will thank you!
Step 1: Cleanse the skin
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser, like Pure Fiji's purifying cleanser. This cleanser is made with papaya extracts, which help to brighten skin tone.
- Use warm water instead of hot as it can be drying to the skin. Using warm water will help to lift dirt out of the skin.
- Massage your face with the cleanser in a circular motion, focusing most of your time on the T-zone, the jaw line and the hairline.
- Try to massage your face for at least 30 seconds to a minute to ensure you are really getting your skin clean.
- Rinse off all cleanser by splashing water on your face, and using your hands to remove any excess cleanser.
- Finish by dabbing your face with a towel, making sure not to rub as this can irritate the skin.
Step 2: Use a toner
- Apply your favorite toner using a cotton pad or ball.
- Using the cotton pad or ball, distribute the toner evenly on your skin, making sure to focus on problem areas like an oily t-zone.
- Pure Fiji's balancing toner is an excellent choice as it acts as a natural sebum regulator and delivers essential nutrients and vitamins directly to your skin to restore balance.
Step 3: Don't forget your eyes
- The under eye area is the thinnest and most delicate part of your skin, so it's important you moisturize this area separately as it can become quite dry and more prone to wrinkles.
- Massage or pat a small pea sized amount of eye cream under your eyes and at the corner of your eyes.
- Use an eye cream designed to boost collagen production and elastin, like Pure Fiji's anti-wrinkle eye creme, as this will help to prevent and/or reduce wrinkles around the eyes.
Step 4: Apply a serum or treatment
- Depending on whether you are washing your face in the morning or at night, you will want to use either a serum or a treatment product.
- A serum, like Pure Fiji's hydrating multi-active serum should be used in the morning to maximize on its ability to firm and tone the skin
- A treatment, like Pure Fiji's anti-aging booster, should be used at night to maximize on its ability to regenerate skin cells and smooth fine lines.
- Use one or two pumps of your serum or treatment product and massage into clean skin.
- Treatments can include acne, anti-aging, dark spot or pore refining products.
Step 5: Moisturize!
- It's important to use a moisturizer both day and night as leaving your skin dry can cause it to produce more oil.
- Applying your moisturizer last helps to lock in the active ingredients of your serum/treatment and helps these products do their job more effectively.
- For daytime, choose a lighter moisturizer such as Pure Fiji's hydrating multi-active day creme to protect, nourish and hydrate your skin throughout the day.
- For night, choose a heavier moisturizer such as Pure Fiji's hydrating multi-active night creme that helps to nourish, repair, and restore moisture while you sleep.
- No matter what kind of climate you live in, it's important to also apply a sunscreen during the day to protect your skin from the damaging rays of the sun.
Step 6: Prime your skin for makeup
- Makeup primers are the ultimate multi-tasker - they control oil production, fill in fine lines and wrinkles and provide an extra layer for your makeup to adhere to.
- Primers are the perfect final step in your skincare routine as they help lock in your moisturizer and help your makeup last longer throughout the day.
- Primer should be applied after sunscreen and moisturizer and before any foundation or powder.
A good skincare routine doesn't have to be complicated. Just follow the steps above with a good selection of your favorite natural beauty products and you'll be on your way to beautiful skin everyday!