How to have a Perfect Valentine's Date Night at Home
It's February and you know what that means - Valentine's Day is just days away! February 14th is coming quickly so now's the time to plan your most romantic date night ever! Valentine's Day is the perfect day for couples or lovers to celebrate their love.
Getting stuck in a Valentine's rut can happen to the best of us. The usual dinner out or takeout and a movie routine can get old. Finding fun ways to spoil your loved one is key to a perfect date night. And an at home spa date night will not only make your significant other feel special and pampered, it also comes with destressing benefits too! Spending quality time together at home is much more special than going out for dinner because the focus is only on the two of you. The rest of the world can just melt away and you can give your partner your full attention.
Got kids? You'll want to have them in bed early or send them to a friend's house so you can truly relax, just the two of you!
Here are some affordable ways to plan the perfect romantic night with your sweetheart:
1. Flower petals on the bed
Don't just think the usual roses. Make your partner feel extra special by sprinkling their favorite flower petals in the shape of a heart. If your partner loves the tropics choose tropical flowers like orchids, frangipani, or white gingerlily.
If you want to go the extra mile invest in some satin sheets or pillows. They feel like a second skin next to yours and will leave you in relaxed comfort in your bed. You'll feel cozy and sexy all at the same time! If you can't afford expensive silk and satin, then try less expensive sateen sheets. The cozy, luxurious feeling you're after can be felt with 100% cotton sateen sheets too.
2. Make it magical with non-toxic candles
An easy way to up the romantic atmosphere is really a no brainer - just add candles. Don't choose just any candles though, make sure they're non-toxic, all natural and full of fragrance! Pure Fiji offers the scent of exotic island breezes with their delightful coconut wax candle. Made by gently cooling warm organic coconut oil from the Islands of Fiji, this candle will burn brighter for longer without adding any toxins to the air. Soot-free, (the fine black particles, chiefly composed of carbon, are produced by incomplete combustion of coal, oil, wood, or other fuels), toxin-free and approximately 34 hour burn time.
Place the candles anywhere in the corner of the room but be sure to keep away from the curtains. And keep those curtains closed for maximum privacy! ;)
3. Dim the lights down
If you have dimmer lights it's super easy to create a romantic atmosphere. If you don't, then it's best to turn off the lights completely so your candles can create the perfect romantic setting.
4. Play soft romantic music
Nothing sets the mood like some good music. Think of songs that bring back memories from your past as a couple - maybe a song that was playing when you met, the song you danced to at your wedding and so on.
5. Make a romantic bath soak
Taking a bath together is the ultimate intimate experience. To maximize on romance, make sure your bathroom is spotless. Create a luxurious spa-like candlelight bath soak with Pure Fiji's coconut milk bath soak which is available in a variety of heavenly tropical infusions.
Why you will love Pure Fiji's coconut milk: it's luxuriously smooth and creamy. This hydrating coconut milk soak contains a bounty of nutrients essential to the support and good health of your skin. Fresh coconut milk with a blend of coconut, dilo, macadamia and sikeci nut oils rejuvenate, nourish and rehydrate dry skin leaving it supple, smooth and revitalised.
- Add 1/4 of cup of Pure Fiji's coconut milk bath soak to running water and relax on a wave of island magic.
- Exfoliate with Pure Fiji Sugar Rub after soaking for a beautiful silky glow. Apply 1 scoop evenly over your body, massaging in until it turns to honey. Leave on for 10 minutes for maximum results, then rinse.
- Put on a warm bath robe misted with Pure Fiji's Hydrating Coconut Body Mist for an aromatherapy boost.
Why you will love Pure Fiji's coconut sugar scrub: It's made of natural fresh sugar cane, cold pressed virgin coconut oil and dilo, macadamia and sikeci nut extracts. The sugar cane crystals manually exfoliate while naturally occurring alpha hydroxyls gently buffs away aging skin cells, polishing your skin clean and help to unclog pores. The deep moisturizing blend of oils nourish, moisturize and protect your beautiful skin leaving it glowingly healthy.
6. Exotic DIY Couples Massage
Giving each other a massage could very well be one of the most luxurious gifts you could give your partner on Valentine's Day. A massage is an intimate indulgence that shows your partner just how much you love them.
For the massage you will need Pure Fiji's Nourishing Exotic Oil.
- Pour exotic oil onto your hands, rub them together to warm them up and apply to your partner's body.
- Start slow - a loving touch can be very nourishing to the spirit as well as to the body. Your partner deserves to be nurtured with your full attention. The nervous system loves slow, repetitive movements and constant pressure.
- Have a towel nearby to clean up any spills.
- Have two pillows on hand - one to use under the ankles and the other to use for the neck and face when your partner is facedown. The pillow can then be used for under the knees when your partner is face-up.
- Make sure your fingernails are nice and short - so you don't scratch your partner. If you just got a perfect manicure, try using your knuckles, fists, and forearms instead. You can still apply the right strokes with most parts of your hand.
7. DIY Spa Water
Most spas have spa water available to you after you've finished your treatment so why not recreate this part of the spa atmosphere at home.
Add crisp cucumbers, oranges, lemons, limes, berries, or even watermelon to your water to create a fresh drink that will make you feel like you've just spent time at the spa.
Here's our most popular DIY Cucumber, Lemon and Mint detox water using three simple ingredients:
- 12 cups of filtered water
- 1 medium organic cucumber
- 2-3 small organic lemons
- 10-12 organic mint leaves
- Wash lemons and cucumbers; thinly slice.
- Add lemons, cucumber and mint to pitcher.
- Cover with water and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
Why You Will Love It! Combining these ingredients with water creates a drink that not only hydrates your body but also works to cleanse and detox your system from the inside out. Each combination helps to remove impurities from your body that in turn help to encourage clear, glowing skin.
Show your loved one how much they truly mean to you by planning the perfect romantic date night at home. With a few key items, like your favorite Pure Fiji scented candle, coconut milk bath soak and some romantic music, you'll easily be able to create an intimate spa like atmosphere in your own home - the perfect setting for pure romance!