Your big day is fast approaching and naturally you want to look your best. To really enhance your natural beauty, you'll need to start preparing at least 6 months in advance of your big day. Here are the key steps you need to take to look radiant and beautiful from head to toe on your wedding day!
6 months before
Get acne, hyper pigmentation and rosacea under control.
- If a major skin care issue has been bothering you, visit your dermatologist to see what your options are to fix it.
Start to really take care of your skin
- Make appointments for monthly facials up until your big day to refresh your skin.
- Start a good cleansing and moisturizing program for your skin.
- Invest in all natural skin care products made with blends of nut oils and plant actives like Pure Fiji's purifying cleanser, balancing toner and perfecting day creme.
Begin a stress relief regimen
- Reserve at least one night a week for some non-wedding fun or quiet time to regroup.
- Try taking a nice warm bath with your favorite coconut milk bath soak from Pure Fiji.
Thinking about growing out your hair, going shorter or experimenting with a new color?
- Now would be the time to talk to your stylist about changing your cut or color - it gives you plenty of time to change it again if it's not something you like.
- Start using a shampoo and conditioner regimen that will help to repair damage and improve resilience, like Pure Fiji's coconut creme shampoo and conditioner.
1 month before
Begin a regular peel regimen
- In addition to your monthly facials, try using at home peels once a week.
- This will help to fade fine lines, even and brighten skin tone and help reduce the occurrence of breakouts.
Experiment with self-tanners
- If you want that natural bronzed look without spending time in a tanning bed, now is the time to start experimenting with self-tanners at home.
- Be sure to consider the neckline of your gown and whether you have existing tan lines you'll need to cover.
Take care of your hair
- Start repairing your hair with a deep conditioning treatment to stimulate the hair follicles and nourish dry hair.
- Try using a nourishing coconut oil blend like Pure Fiji's exotic bath and body oil as an overnight treatment.
2 weeks before
Get your final haircut or trim
- This isn't the time to start experimenting, stick with what you love and know works best for your hair and face shape.
Exfoliate and moisturize your skin
- Exfoliation will make your skin feel soft, smooth and revitalized.
- Use an exfoliator, like Pure Fiji's coconut creme scrub, everyday in the shower, focusing on problem areas like elbows, knees and feet.
- Follow with Pure Fiji's hydrating body lotion or exotic oil for extra smooth skin.
- A nightly application of eye cream, like Pure Fiji's anti-wrinkle eye cream, will improve the appearance of dark circles and fine lines.
1 week before
Go for your final facial
- If you normally do extractions, it would be best to skip them this time.
- Extractions can irritate the skin, which is not something you want a week before your big day.
Get a bikini wax and final eyebrow shaping
- This would also be the time to shave or wax your legs in preparation for the garter toss!
1 to 2 days before
Apply your final self-tanning application
- Two days before the wedding, get your bridal spray tan (either at home or at a salon).
Exfoliate your skin
- This would be the time to exfoliate your face, using a natural and gentle product like Pure Fiji's exfoliating scrub.
Get a professional manicure and pedicure
- Make sure it is in a color that goes well with both your dress and shoes.
The BIG DAY
- Don't focus only on your face, moisturize everywhere - hands, feet, body and face - hydrating your skin will make it glow.
Get your hair and makeup done
- Make sure you wear a robe or button down shirt so that it can be easily removed once your makeup is done and it's time to put on your dress.
Take some time to eat something!
- You'll want to be both hydrated and have something in your stomach. This isn't the day to operate on an empty stomach!
Your wedding is a day you'll want to look back on with happiness and no regrets. Make sure you take time to take it all in and enjoy it every step of the way. With the right natural beauty products and this checklist, you can rest assured you'll be covered beautifully from head to toe!