Finding time to go to the spa in this day and age can be difficult, from work to home obligations, it can be hard to set aside the time to take care of ourselves. Even with all the everyday stresses of life, it's important that we take time for ourselves and relax. So even if you don't have a full day to spend at the spa, here are some simple things you can do to create a DIY spa at home.
This is probably one of the easiest things you can do at home, and can be made using ingredients from your kitchen!
- First make sure that your skin is clean using a good natural cleanser, like Pure Fiji's purifying cleanser.
- Next, whip up a batch of your favorite DIY mask, like this avocado face mask for dry skin.
- Ingredients: ½ a very ripe avocado, 2 tbsp. honey, ½ tsp. coconut oil.
- Directions: Mash or puree the avocado until it's smooth and creamy, then blend in the rest of the ingredients.
- Apply to your face, avoiding your eyes, and leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Wipe your face clean with a damp cloth and rinse your face with warm water.
Foot soaks are a great way to soothe and soften your tired achy feet.
- Simply fill a large bowl with warm to hot water (make sure you lay a towel down where you are going to do your foot soak).
- Add in your favorite bath product, like Pure Fiji's coconut milk bath soak.
- Put your feet in the bowl, sit back and relax.
- Soak your feet while you watch a movie or your favorite TV show.
- After your foot soak, use a pumice stone to scrub off any dry skin on your feet - the bath soak will soften the dry skin making it easier to remove.
If you enjoyed the foot soak, why not try a whole body soak in the bathtub?
- Simply fill the tub with warm to hot water and add in Pure Fiji's coconut milk bath soak.
- Do this before exfoliating to ready your skin for the treatment and to leave your skin soft, supple and smooth.
- Try an exfoliation product made with sugar like Pure Fiji's coconut sugar rub - it will polish your skin, leaving it soft and smooth.
Deep condition your hair
Coconut oil is a great natural way to get soft, silky hair. Use it as a hair conditioner and moisturizer, or you can leave it in overnight with a heat cap for extra moisture and shine. Or if using pure coconut oil is not your thing, try using a product that contains coconut oil, like Pure Fiji's exotic bath and body oil. This body oil is excellent as deep conditioning scalp and hair treatment.
- Simply massage the oil into the scalp and distribute to the ends of your hair.
- Leave it on overnight for best results (or if pressed for time, 20 minutes minimum) and wash out with your favorite shampoo and conditioner.
At-home manicure and pedicure
Your spa day wouldn't be complete without an at-home manicure and pedicure. With a few supplies (cuticle oil, nail clippers, nail file, moisturizer and polish), you can easily do a DIY manicure/pedicure.
- For your hands, make sure you soak them in warm water before you apply the cuticle oil, to soften your cuticles.
- After you take care of your cuticles, trim and shape your nails before applying the polish.
- For your feet, try using a foot scrub, like Pure Fiji's coconut sugar rub, before your paint your toenails.
Turn your shower into a sauna!
Turn your shower on and run it at its hottest temperature for a few minutes.
- While the water is running and the steam is starting to build, take a warm washcloth and spray it with your favorite body mist and relaxing aromatherapy oil (lavender is a great choice).
- When you step into the shower (make sure you turn the temperature down before you step in), put the washcloth up to your face, and take a deep breath of the oil-scented steam.
And remember, a spa day or even just one simple treatment is your time to relax. So bring out the candles, the soft music and your favorite natural products and create that perfect spa atmosphere, without ever leaving home!