Mother's Day is fast approaching and we all know our Moms deserve to be spoiled and celebrated on their special day. Even with that in mind, the question always comes up: what can I do for my Mom on Mother's Day? To tell her how much you appreciate her, why don't you give her the ultimate gift: a day of pampering and relaxation at home! Here are 10 simple and affordable ways to pamper your Mom this Mother's Day.
1. DIY Homemade Beauty Treatment: Coconut Oil Face Masks
On Mother's Day, give your mom a day to remember by bringing the spa atmosphere home. Give your mom a homemade facial, hair treatment or massage at home. For an easy at home facial using ingredients right from your kitchen, try one of these amazing DIY homemade beauty face masks from our blog. Your mom will surely feel refreshed and fabulous.
2. Take her away to the tropics!
Wouldn't it be nice to actually take Mom away on a tropical vacation? But if that's not in the cards this Mother's Day, Pure Fiji's array of natural beauty products will bring that feeling of the tropics right to your home. Let Mom pamper herself in a luxurious bath and/or shower and make her feel like she's on a mini-vacation right in her own home. Pure Fiji's products are the perfect solution to help Mom de-stress and pamper herself whenever she wants. Made in the pristine Islands of Fiji, where tropical fruit and flowers grow in abundance, Pure Fiji's natural skin and body care products are delightfully scented with tropical infusions like frangipani, pineapple, coconut, mango and many more.
3. Prepare a spa breakfast
The first part of Mom's day should be her breakfast and what better way to pamper her then with a spa-like breakfast! The best spa food should taste like a treat, not like a diet. Start her tropical experience with this cheerful (and gluten free) breakfast idea: Mango coconut cluster granola with coconut yogurt and fresh mangoes.
Mango Coconut Cluster Granola
Makes approx. 4.5 cups
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup raw cashews, chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- ½ tbsp flax seeds (optional)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp organic virgin unrefined coconut oil
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups chopped dried fruit: organic apricots, dried mangoes
To serve: fresh sliced mango, yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Combine the first five ingredients in a large bowl. Heat the coconut oil and maple syrup in a microwave or on the stovetop until the oil has just melted. Whisk in the spices and sea salt. Toss with the oats and nuts until the mixture is evenly coated.
- Whisk an egg white in a small bowl until frothy. Stir into the granola mixture. Spread the granola on a large baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. Halfway through the baking time, carefully turn sections of the granola over with a spatula, but do not break it up too much. When the granola is golden brown, remove from the oven and carefully stir in the sliced dried fruit. Allow the granola to cool completely. It will harden as it cools.
- Serve with yogurt and fresh fruit. Store in the cupboard in an airtight container or in the freezer in an airtight freezer bag.
4. Take her to the spa
If a day at home doesn't work for your schedule, then book Mom into your favorite spa for a day of pampering! Eliminate her stresses with a relaxing spa treatment like a mani/pedi, facial or massage. Explore wellness day spas and resort spas featuring Pure Fiji products and signature spa treatments.
5. Spoil her with a Pure Fiji gift basket
Why not prepare a beautiful gift basket full of Pure Fiji products to complement the relaxing day you have planned for your mom. A Pure Fiji spa basket complete with natural bath and body treatments will give Mom the perfect spa ritual at home - anytime she likes. Exfoliate, moisturize and soothe skin with delightful plant based therapies. The Spa Basket includes a 2 oz. body oil, lotion, dilo rescue gel, body butter, sugar rub, crème scrub and shower gel. Choose from heavenly tropical scents like mango, coconut, frangipani, passionflower, pineapple, starfruit, and white gingerlily.
6. Go on a shopping spree!
What better way to show Mom you love her then to take her out on a shopping trip just for her? Let her choose a few favorite pieces and make sure she goes home with them! After a long day of shopping, finish off your day by treating Mom to a luxurious Coconut Milk foot soak:
- Add Pure Fiji's luxurious Coconut Milk Bath Soak to warm water in a foot spa or appropriate basin.
- Soak your Mom's feet for 5 minutes.
- Remove her feet from milk bath. Apply a spoon of Pure Fiji's sugar rub to hands and gently massage into feet and calves until sugar dissolves and reaches honey-like consistency.
- Place her feet in the warm milk bath, rinse and pat dry.
- Apply a spoonful of Pure Fiji's Body Butter to each foot and massage for 5 minutes.
- Slip her smooth feet into socks and let the indulgence of Pure Fiji work its magic for the rest of the day.
7. Give her the gift of a clean house
Like most Moms out there, cleaning the house is the last thing they want to do, especially on Mother's Day. If your mom dreads cleaning out her closet or scrubbing the bathroom floor, then do it for her! Let her sit on the couch and relax while you take care of the tasks she hates the most. If cleaning really isn't your thing, then spring for a maid for the day.
8. Run errands for your mom
Every mom always has a list of things she needs to do so why not do it for her? Let her relax at home while you do the grocery shopping, run to the post office, pick up dry-cleaning or whatever else Mom needs you to do. She'll definitely appreciate the gesture!
9. Update her look!
Surprise your mom with a trip to the salon for a new cut, color or blowout. She'll feel like a new woman with a new look. And when you pick her up from the salon, be sure to give her the gift of beautiful hair all year long with the South Pacific's secret for gorgeous hair - Pure Fiji's ultra-nourishing, ultra-hydrating shampoo and conditioner. Their coconut milk shampoo contains natural coconut cleansers that help to remove excess buildup while natural extracts like coconut oil restore bounce and shine. Their coconut crème conditioner is fortified with soy and wheat proteins to help repair damage and improve resilience. Both the shampoo and conditioner are free of parabens and sulfates, which make them a perfect addition to Mom's daily natural beauty routine. Your mom's hair will continue to look and feel healthy, even after leaving the salon.
10. Don't let her lift a finger!
Remember, this is Mom's day to relax and feel pampered so don't let her lift a finger all day. There should be no cleaning, cooking or chores of any kind for Mom on her special day!
Mother's Day doesn't have to be about big, expensive gifts or large, grand gestures. Sometimes the simplest, inexpensive things can have the most meaning for Mom on Mother's Day. Taking the time to pamper her and letting her relax will show her just how much you care. And remember, however you choose to honor your mom, it's the time you spend with each other and the connection you make that matters the most. So choose one (or more) of the ideas above, arm yourself with some amazing natural beauty products and ready made gifts from Pure Fiji, and get ready to show Mom how much you truly love her!